This online digital self-study seminar offers the training in a video format with readings and internet videos listed in the handout section. All course handouts can be viewed online, saved to your computer or printed.
The course offers a foundation of information regarding implementation of Trauma-Informed Care in the addiction field. This course is for non-clinical professions including doctors, nurses, receptionists, administration, caseworkers, and other professionals and volunteers who interface with clients’ services from addiction treatment services. Benefits of implementing a Trauma-Informed approach in the addiction field are improved symptomology and retention to treatment. The benefits are not limited to this; rather they far exceed and provide a great amount of support and empowerment to all involved.
- Recognize how trauma plays a role in addiction;
- Identify the implications that trauma has on individuals;
- Identify specific ways those serviced by addiction treatment providers can benefit from implementing Trauma-Informed Care;
- Apply steps to create a trauma-informed system.
Hours for the UB School of Social Work Institute on Trauma and Trauma-Informed Care (ITTIC) Trauma-Informed Organization Certificate Program: 1 Elective hour
- Introduction to Trauma-Informed Care in the addiction field (instructor Susan Lisker)
- Trauma and its implication and prevalence with addiction (instructor Susan Lisker)
- Common practices in the addiction field that can be retraumatizing (instructor Susan Lisker)
- Watch internet video 1 ( title and link is in the course outline with your other handouts)
- Watch internet video 2: ( title and link is in the course outline with your other handouts)
Handouts are Located in the Materials Tab of the Course Site.
Target Audience: This course is for non-clinical professions including doctors, nurses, receptionists, administrative staff, caseworkers, and other professionals and volunteers who interface with the addiction field.
Trauma-Informed Certificate Programs, University at Buffalo School of Social
Work Office of Continuing Education: This course fulfills ELECTIVE hours.
Course Availability: Your license for watching this Digital Seminar never expires.
- Upon completion of watching the videos and readings, you will need to complete the evaluation and course quiz.
- Based on best continuing education practice, quizzes are included to verify your acquisition of knowledge. A score of 80% is needed to pass. You may retake the quiz if you do not achieve a passing score the first time.
- Certificate of Completion: Upon successful completion of the quiz, you will be able to print your Certificate of Completion for this course that includes your name, and completion date.
- Frameable Certificate of Completion for the Trauma-Informed Clinical Foundation Certificate Program: If you are taking the entire ITTIC certificate Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org when you complete the program requirements and you will be mailed your certificate of completion.
ADA accommodations: If you require supports for your ADA needs in the United States, please contact us in advance by email at email@example.com or phone at 716-829-5841.
Customer service: We are happy to respond to any questions or concerns you may have. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 716-829-5841.